Safe Sitter Classes at Safety Town
Safety Town has partnered with the Naperville Police Department and the Naperville Fire Department to offer Safe Sitter classes. Safe Sitter is welcome to anyone ages 11-15 wishing to be certified to become a safe and responsible babysitter. Safe Sitter classes can teach you the skills to become a safe, reliable babysitter who can also run a successful business.
- Safety Skills: Students learn how to prevent unsafe situations and what to do when faced with dangers such as power failures or weather emergencies.
- Child Care Skills: Students learn tips to manage behavior that will help them stay in control of themselves and the children in their care. Students also learn the ages and stages of child development, as well as practice diapering.
- First Aid & Rescue Skills: Learning skills such as choking rescue and first aid is often students’ favorite part of the class. Students also learn a system to help them assess and respond to injuries and illnesses.
- Life & Business Skills: The ability to screen jobs, discuss fees, and greet employers will set students up for success now and in the future. Students practice these skills through various role plays.
The cost is $60 for the 6 hour class. The class will be split into 2 days of 3 hours each.
Due to the length of the class and instructor availability, this class is only available in the summer.
Registration for Summer 2021 will begin on April 16, 2021 at 6pm.
Session Dates and Times: SOLD OUT!
- Session 1
- Monday, July 19 – Tuesday, July 20 from 8-11 am
- Session 2
- Monday, July 19 – Tuesday, July 20 from 12:30-3:30pm
- Session 3
- Wednesday, July 21 – Thursday, July 22 from 8-11 am
- Session 4
- Wednesday, July 21 – Thursday, July 22 from 12:30-3:30pm
- Session 1